“We are in the final stages of construction of our spectacular new CityROCK Paarden Eiland gym. All the climbing walls have been built, about 50,000 t-nuts are already in, cracks have been carved, the wall painting has started, foam has been ordered, fitness equipment is en route, grips and ropes are already here. But the little things at the end sometimes take a long time!
We had hoped to be done in November and open 1 December, but we were a bit too optimistic. We still need December to finish things, so we have decided to move our new gym opening date to the New Year. Our official opening date is Saturday, 13 January 2018.
Our Obz lease only ends in February, so there is no mad rush for us to move. Plus it means that our Gear Shop will stay open for the entire month of December.”
About the new Paarden Eiland Location:
We will be moving to Milner Road, the Northern part of Paarden Eiland. The new location is only 7km from the Cape Town CBD, about the same distance as Obz is. The old Obz facility will be closed down.
The new CityROCK Paarden Eiland by the numbers:
- Building size 3,800 m2 (4x the current gym and 900 m2 bigger than Johannesburg).
- 180 top ropes, up to 16 m high.
- 2,500 m2 of high climbing walls.
- 600 m2 floor area of bouldering.
- Two 15m IFSC speed wall lanes.
- Ten Auto Belays.
- 50,000 grips.
- A dedicated kids climbing area, for birthday parties and kids programs.
- 370 m2 of cardio, weights and fitness.
- 80 m2 of system, campus, moon, hang, peg, compression and Pluto boards.
- Over 100 safe and secure parking bays.
- 250 m2 gear shop, almost double our current size.
- 100 m2 yoga studio, 4x our current size.
The new address: Unit 5, Table Bay Industrial Park, 9 Milner Street, Paarden Eiland.